• Merchandise from Left to Right
Just like reading, your clients shop from left to right (not top to bottom). Make sure your shelves showcase product ranges from left to right: shampoo, conditioner, stylers, finishers.
• Keep Shelves Stocked
Your retail wall can feel like a museum (look, but don’t touch!) when you only display one of each product. By keeping shelves stocked, you invite your clients to touch and play as they explore your retail offering.
• Create Excitement with Display Tables
While your retail wall should stay fairly consistent to make it easy for returning clients to shop, a display table is a great option to display new and favorite products in engaging and interactive ways.
• Merchandise Different Brands Together
Do leave space between L’Oréal Professionnel and other brands on the shelf. With tiered pricing, you want to keep your clients purchasing at the premium level.
Display Travel Sizes Next to Full Size
• This encourages your clients to purchase the smallest size. Instead (if possible), place travel sizes in other retail areas, like the Front Desk, to encourage impulse purchases at checkout.
Place Backbar on the Retail Wall
• Always encourage your clients to purchase retail sizes and promote repurchase when they return to the salon for higher profit margins. Backbar sizes should be for the shampoo bowl only!