As a valued partner of L’Oréal USA Professional Products for many years, we know that, in these challenging and uncharted times you are counting on our support today more than ever. Since the beginning of this unprecedented health crisis, the safety and well-being of our employees, customers, and partners like you have been our top priorities. With this mind, we would like to share with you what L’Oreal USA Professional Products initiatives are being implemented immediately to our stylist and salon partners as we continue to support and help our professional beauty industry rebuild their lives in this fight against COVID-19:
Together with the L’Oréal USA Professional Brands, L'Oréal Professionnel started the #SupportYourStylist initiative to encourage customers to donate to the Professional Beauty Association (PBA) Relief Fund and have set a collective goal to raise $2.5M in donations. The newly announced fund brings brands together in a historic effort to support the beauty industry and directly impact licensed hair professionals unable to work due to COVID-19.
To reach our goal by National Stylist Appreciation Day, April 30, 2020, L’Oréal is calling for all customers and loyal clients to join the effort to support their stylist with their donations. We’d love for you to share this initiative with your clients, friends and families to help reach this goal. You can use the social media assets available here to post on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. If you have local press contacts, we also encourage you to share with them the Artist Press Release found here.
We will be sharing the same message and call to action on our consumer site, email, as well as speaking to press, and every friend, family and acquaintance to ensure donations are made to the PBA to benefit our industry!
- All pending SalonCentric invoices will remain frozen until your local community is back to regular business activity and payment plans will be available for ordering needs.
- Free shipping is available through the SalonCentric.com and SalonCentric Mobile App:
- You can download the App on the links below:
- SalonCentric App for Android
- SalonCentric App for iPhone
- Your regular Salon Success Consultant continues to be contactable on a regular basis
- For SalonCentric related questions click here
Stylist Support through the PBA
PBA COVID-19 Relief Fund
- L’Oreal USA Professional Products is donating to the Professional Beauty Association COVID-19 Relief Fund - bringing the industry together by supporting the licensed professionals unable to work due to COVID-19. The funding is intended to be emergency aid for short-term immediate needs such as food and bills.
Support for FICA Tax Credit In The Economic Stimulus Package
- As Congress is working to develop an economic stimulus package, we are supporting our PBA partner who is engaged and asking Members of Congress to include the 45B FICA tax tip credit, which will help provide immediate funding to salons and stylists in need of financial assistance.
- You can also help by emailing your local official through the Professional Beauty Association site.
LEVEL Loyalty Rewards
- Level Loyalty has extended the expiration of points due to expire in March or April through end of May, returning all points that were used to book classes that had to be cancelled.
- For LEVEL related questions click here
L’Oréal Professionnel Digital Education
To keep us all connected and inspired L’Oréal Professionnel will be offering robust Digital Education on Instagram. All hairdressers are welcome to tune in to learn, get inspired, and hear from worldwide guests across the industry. Ask questions live, find out how peers are managing their businesses at this time, and learn so much more. Follow us on Instagram @lorealproeducationus to get daily updates of the schedule, to watch the live streams, and to access all digital education we have to offer.
Charitable Product Contributions
- Through partnership with Product Club, SalonCentric donated 10,500 medical-grade gloves to medical-grade centers throughout the US by a nonprofit specializing in disaster-relief emergency activities.
- L’Oreal USA Professional Products is donating a supply of over 100,000 dry shampoos to local crisis response teams and healthcare workers to alleviate daily hygiene needs.
L’Oréal USA has also announced a multi-faceted initiative to support Americans and those around the globe during the COVID-19 outbreak and recovery. L’Oréal USA’s initiative includes the following measures:
- Corporate donation and employee match campaign to Feeding America – L’Oréal USA will donate $250,000 to the U.S. hunger relief organization Feeding America to provide emergency support for their COVID-19 Response Fund and help relieve food-insecure families across America. This is part of a company-wide giving campaign in which L'Oréal USA will match additional employee donations dollar for dollar up to $25,000.
- L’Oréal’s North American manufacturing facilities have begun production of alcohol-based hand sanitizer – L’Oréal’s production facilities have begun producing alcohol-based hand sanitizer and will soon be distributing free of charge to U.S. employees, partners, and healthcare professionals working on the frontlines of this emergency.
- Donating high-need personal care and hygiene products to Feed the Children – L’Oréal USA will make a donation of personal care products valued at more than $1 million, including cleansers and moisturizers, to the non-profit organization Feed the Children as part of its community-based emergency response to COVID-19.
- Donating surgical and N95 respirator masks to local hospitals – L'Oréal USA will donate protective masks from its operations facilities in North Little Rock, Arkansas, and Franklin, New Jersey, to local hospital systems in each surrounding community. Through partnership with Product Club, SalonCentric already donated 10,500 medical-grade gloves to medical centers throughout the US by a nonprofit specializing in disaster-relief emergency activities.
- Relief for small businesses – L’Oréal USA will freeze the existing payments of very small and small-sized enterprises in its distribution network, including independent hair salons, until their businesses resume. Additionally, L’Oréal USA will shorten its payment times for small suppliers who have been most exposed to this economic crisis.
We continue to stand in solidarity with the brave people who are tirelessly and selflessly working to end this pandemic, and it is our hope that, through these actions, we are able to provide some relief to our professional beauty community, healthcare community and those in need during this challenging time.
Together we are in this with you, and there is much more to come from us soon.
Stay safe and stay strong! We stand with pros.
Emilie Poisson and The L’Oréal Professionnel Team